The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is accepting applications through Thursday, May 10, 2018 for Freight Enhancement Funds that can be used to support non-highway freight improvement projects for the 2019 State Fiscal Year. Public, private and not-for-profit entities are all eligible to submit applications.
RFP Document: View and/or download the application
This could be a potential funding opportunity for industrial real estate sites or business parks that require rail improvements, or for improvements and equipment purchases at river terminals and ports. Funds can only be used for capital projects, and can only be used for transportation purposes other than highways.
- The funds must be used for capital projects only; operating costs or study costs are not eligible
- Projects must be located in the State of Missouri
- A minimum of 20% match is required for the projects
- The maximum available for any one projects is $500,000
- The project must be completed and reimbursement requested from MoDOT no later than June 15, 2019
Project applications must be submitted electronically, and received no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, May 10, 2018.