Join us for FreightWeekSTL 2021 from May 24-28
Registration is open for the Virtual FreightWeekSTL 2021 set for May 24 through May 28. For the fourth year in a row, St. Louis Regional Freightway is partnering with Inland Marine Expo (IMX), which brings inland waterway experts and industry leaders to the St. Louis region. IMX 2021 is planning to return to an in-person format in downtown St. Louis this year. St. Louis Regional Freightway will participate virtually by offering several engaging panel discussions and a keynote presentation that highlights the St. Louis region’s standing as the most efficient inland waterway port and third largest rail hub in the nation.
This annual conference provides an opportunity for logistics experts and forward thinkers to network and collaborate with international shippers and carriers and other companies. It also promotes collaboration with St. Louis regional leaders working on cutting-edge technology and all who are looking for new ways to make national and global freight movements more efficient.
May 24-26, 2021: Inland Marine Expo at the Dome at America’s Center
Virtual FreightWeekSTL 2021 Overview
- May 24: Enhancing Global Connectivity through Infrastructure Investment and Innovation
- May 25: The Importance of Multi-State Agriculture Highway Corridors
- May 26: Keynote Presentation: Building Global Connections with Dedicated Rail and the Port of Virginia
Ag Coast of America Riverboat Cruise/Lunch and Gateway Arch & Museum
- May 27: Case Study: St. Louis Region Breathes New Life into Former & Current Auto Plant Sites
Release of 2022 St. Louis Regional Freightway Priority Project List
- May 28: Paradigm Shift: Attracting New Investment and Development Through Infrastructure and Partnership
Release of St. Louis Regional Freightway Industrial Real Estate Market Report
Session Details & Speaker Information
Monday, May 24, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Enhancing Global Connectivity through Infrastructure Investment and Innovation
Panelists will highlight the global connectivity of St. Louis region’s rail and inland waterway system supported by multimodal infrastructure and container-on-barge advancements. Panelists will include:
- Dennis Wilmsmeyer, Executive Director, America’s Central Port
- Neal Langdon, Vice President, Arcosa Marine Products
- Ron Tindall, President, Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis
Tuesday, May 25, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.: The Importance of Multi-State Agriculture Highway Corridors
Learn about the role of Multi-State Agriculture Highway Corridors in efficiently moving domestic agricultural products and supporting continued market competitiveness by providing global and national connections to the supply chain. Panelists will include:
- Adam Sparger, Director, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Transportation Services Division
- Ken Eriksen, Senior Vice President, Head of Client Advisory & Development, Energy & Transportation, and Policy, IHS Markit
- Tom Blair, St. Louis District Engineer, Missouri Department of Transportation
Wednesday, May 26, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Building Global Connections with Dedicated Rail & the Port of Virginia
Keynote Presentation: Hear firsthand how dedicated rail service to the thriving Port of Virginia enhances the St. Louis region’s global connectivity.
- Aaron Katrancha, Director of Breakbulk and Ro-Ro Services, Port of Virginia
Wednesday, May 26: Ag Coast of America Riverboat Cruise/Lunch and Gateway National Arch and Museum: A close up look at the St. Louis region’s freight assets and opportunities.
Boarding for the Riverboat Cruise is at 10:30 a.m.
Narration by Susan Taylor, Port Director, St. Louis Development Corporation and Rick Barbee, Vice President, SEACOR Holdings
Thursday, May 27, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Case Study: St. Louis Region Breathes New Life into Former & Current Auto Plant Sites
Discover how the St. Louis region’s resiliency, economic viability and locational advantages are evident in the successful redevelopment of former Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Assembly Plant sites and contribute to the continued activity underway at the busy General Motors Wentzville Assembly Plant. Panelists will include:
- Mark Branstetter, Partner, Panattoni Development Company
- Scott Haley, Director of Development, US Capital Development
- Doug Rasmussen, President & CEO, Steadfast City Economic & Community Partners
Thursday, May 27: Release of 2022 St. Louis Regional Freightway Priority Project List. Digital release of the Freightway’s 2022 Priority Projects List, a valuable tool used to advocate for support and funding for critical infrastructure improvements that strengthen the St. Louis region’s position as a world-class freight and logistics hub to the national and global supply chains. Be the first to know when the 2022 Priority Projects List has been released by signing up here.
Friday, May 28, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Paradigm Shift: Attracting New Investment and Development Through Infrastructure and Partnership
Discussion: Explore how the Ecosystem of the 60-mile Illinois Route 3 manufacturing & logistics corridor in Southwestern Illinois is sparking new industrial development interest and supporting solutions to age-old challenges of vacant industrial sites through infrastructure investment and public-private partnerships.
- Doug Rasmussen, President & CEO of Steadfast City Economic & Community Partners
- Steve Zuber, SIOR, CCIM, Principal, Barber Murphy
- Matt Whitney, Director of Business & Industrial Development, Terminal Rail Road Association of St. Louis (TRRA)
- Mary Lamie, Executive Vice President of Multi Modal Enterprises for Bi-State Development
Friday, May 28: Release of St. Louis Regional Freightway Industrial Real Estate Market Report. Be the first to know when the Industrial Real Estate Market Report has been released by signing up here.
Last year’s virtual FreightWeekSTL format attracted record-setting attendance and significant social media interest and interactions, along with widespread media coverage. Both are an indication of the relevance of the topics and the national influence of the speakers we continue to line up for each year’s conference
As we prepare for FreightWeekSTL, we would like to invite you to become a sponsor.
We hope you will plan to join us for FreightWeekSTL 2021, and we appreciate your interest during these challenging times. Thank you for your support, and we look forward to your participation in FreightWeekSTL 2021.